In years past, like me, you have witnessed the ascension of a few men to worldwide prominence. Each man impacted the lives of many in ways that led to new thoughts, actions, and results. As a matter of fact, you can probably remember the exact words specific men eloquently spoke many years ago that shifted your perspective about important issues. As I approach my 52nd birthday, I decided to share the words of men who dramatically shifted my outlook regarding life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
By the way, I numbered this list for simplicity’s sake, not to convey that one man impacted me anymore or less than the other. With that in mind, enjoy the words of men who have left a mark that cannot be erased on the lives of countless people around the globe.
1. “Every problem is a gift–without problems we would not grow”
2. “We need men who can dream of things that never were.”
-John F. Kennedy
3. “Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress. With it there is accomplishment. Without it there are only alibis.”
4. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
-Sir Isaac Newton
5. “A coward dies a thousand deaths and courageous man only one.”
6. “If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. As you can see, I decided to include a video that includes the words of the seventh man that I believe has long lasting influence. As you watch it, I hope that it will impact your thinking about what it may take for you to achieve your life’s ambitions. Ready? Press play.
In closing, I want you to know that I believe you are capable of accomplishing more than your heart’s desire. The key is strengthening your resolve to bring your vision to pass during incredibly tough times. How do you do it? “When you believe in a thing, believe in it implicitly and unquestionably.” -Walt Disney
With your success in mind,